Good health is a balanced combination of right eating and regular physical activity. Many health problems people face nowadays are due to an imbalance of these two. Neither fancy diets nor inordinate amounts of time spent sweating it out can ensure strength and immunity. A good lifestyle that lays ample focus on exercise and nutrition is the need of the hour.
I’ve gone through a huge weight-loss transformation recently and am an ardent advocate of healthy living. I achieved my desired results by consuming nutritious food and inculcating dedicated time for physical fitness in my daily routine. Let us see how to strengthen muscles in India so you can do it too. It isn’t difficult and should be a priority for every adult who wants to lead a long and healthy life.
Do what you may, there’s no alternative to exercise. Any form of physical activity continued over a period of time is bound to benefit you in some way. Instead of waiting for drastic results to show concentrate on the immediate effects and you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
- Exercise releases happy hormones like endorphins and dopamine that help relieve pain and stress. This gives you an instant feeling of gratification and happiness often called the ‘workout high’. 1
- We lose muscle mass as we age. Weight-training not only helps you gain muscle mass but also make your bones stronger. Body strength gained through exercise and nutrition in the form of energy-rich food are sustainable choices in the long run. 2
- Natural antioxidants produced during exercise can reverse the effects of skin-ageing. Exercise is relaxing and induces a deep sleep as well. So, you see, beauty sleep isn’t merely a fancy term. 2
Healthy eating constitutes the most significant part of a healthy lifestyle. Eating for nourishment or eating because we’re bored is a conscious choice. Exercise and nutrition go hand in hand, let one slip and your efforts possibly won’t bear fruit.
- Never skip breakfast and while you’re at it, make it royal. A wholesome breakfast keeps your metabolism and energy levels up throughout the day. 3 Also, snack on something every 3-4 hours for the same reason.
- Fibre-rich foods are extremely crucial in your diet. They help regulate sugar levels, promote healthy digestion, reduce risk of colon cancer and are good for heart health. Lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans and fruits like bananas, pears, raspberries etc. are high in fibres.
- If you exercise, a regular intake of protein, calcium, Vitamin D and other essential micronutrients is required to provide the necessary strength and nourishment to your body. Supplements, if any, must be taken with professional advice though. 4 I recently came across Ensure by Abbott. It helps you improve your muscle and bone strength and boosts your immunity.
- Get creative! Being vegetarian, vegan or on diet isn’t an excuse to limit your food choices or adventures. Don your apron, pull up your sleeves and toss up something good, maybe a salad (or bake a cake, if it’s your cheat day!)?
Strengthening exercises and wholesome nutrition are the two pillars on which your health stands and derives support and nourishment from. Together, they’re your best bet for a better tomorrow. Love yourself, respect your body and show you care by giving time and consideration to its needs. It’s the only one you have, after all! #StrengthToLiveNonStop
© This site A Vibrant Palette is the property of Varsha Bagadia. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Varsha Bagadia and A Vibrant Palette with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.