Monsoon is my favourite season and the umpteen fond memories attached to it make it even more special. No matter how old we get some things remain etched on our minds forever. Chasing butterflies, playing in the mud, sailing paper boats are some of the monsoon games we played as kids. Dancing in the rain with friends remains the best monsoon memory though!
It isn’t everyday that life gives us a second chance to relive our best moments. The other day while I went to drop Angel to school on my Activa my friend joined us too. Pregnant grey clouds hung low in the sky making their intent wet and clear. We ditched our raincoats hopeful of being greeted by Mother Nature’s rainy love, and she didn’t disappoint.
Driving in the rain, complete with the stinging raindrops in my eyes and the slight chill in the air reminded me of my college days. We played Antakshari and hoarsely crooned our favourite songs from back then. I laughed hysterically when she borrowed my stole to cover her almost-transparent white top. I bet every girl can relate with this!
We cannot put a dampener on our fun time for fear of infections, right? We cannot build immunity by shielding ourselves all the time, although some easy home remedies can be followed. Once back home, the vigilance in us took over and we took quick precautions to avoid catching cold. I’m sharing them with you here for some handy reference.
1. Once you’re home don’t waste time on other things and go for a bath. You can add few drops of disinfectant to the water or use a disinfectant soap.
2. Even if they aren’t wet, change out of all your clothes. Reusing them can cause rash or skin infections.
3. You may or may not shampoo your hair but to avoid catching cold it is advisable to pour warm water on them.
4. Try not using the AC or keeping the fan on full mode immediately after taking bath.
5. Treat yourself with some hot tea to get that much-needed warmth in your body.
I love my traditional adrak wali chai but the additional amount of sugar required in it limits its intake quantity. Of late I’m trying out and loving the variety of wellness teas available in the market. The Cardamom Turmeric tea by TE-A-ME Teas is fast becoming my favourite. It is a refreshing spiced tea laced with the goodness of turmeric, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and other wonderful ingredients. Rich in antioxidants, it boosts immunity, detoxifies and helps flush out toxins from the body. It is available in tea bags and can easily be enjoyed anywhere. Health-conscious people will love its curative properties too. Do give it a try!